Sunday, August 20, 2006

letter I don't intend to send

Dear Random Person I've Never Met Who MySpace Messaged Me:

Thank you for contacing me on MySpace! It's always fun to log on and have new mail and friend requests. I think, "Hmmmm, is this someone I know from my current life -- maybe high school or college? Or maybe they're a friend of a friend and just found me on here! Yay!"

Here lately, though, it's been less of that, and more of you -- a struggling musician who doesn't already exist in my world or "online entrepreneur" who apparently thinks that becoming random people's MySpace friends will be the true secret to your success.

While I really appreciate whatever it is inside of you that saw my picture and said, "Her! Yes! Bug her and you will become famous!," I also would really appreciate your not messaging me about the latest way to make $500 a day by staying home anymore.

It's not that I'm not interested; I just don't care. Lots of luck to you with making new friends today! Have fun! :)

All my best, ~rebekah

rebekah's general warning: "letters I don't intend to send" is not an original concept by rj, but a cheap rip-off of an idea by Mindy Raf, one of the most hilarious comediennes ever. I just now think in terms of these letters when something really amuses or annoys me.

Comments:
Smartly amusing, my dear! Please don't forget the little people...
Posted by Jams on August 21, 2006 - Monday 8:50 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!