Today, I'm more thankful than ever for:
1. New beginnings. The opportunity to experience new hope and joy in new relationships is so much fun! I'm trying to remember to enjoy the moment instead of over-analyzing... Over-analyzing is for the birds.
2. A healthy, happy life. About a week ago, my daddy experienced a health scare that thankfully turned out to be nothing, but probably had all of us thinking twice about priorities and the things that matter most. It's a huge burden to worry about the "what if"s in life, and I am so relieved that that worry period is over.
3. Fun peeps. I really have the most amazing friends and family in the world, and am utterly grateful for that!
4. Louisiana Saturday nights. I'm having SO much fun living in and continuing to explore Louisiana. I hope I enjoy it this much for a lot longer! The sights, sounds, flavors, and experiences are definitely worth writing home about...and worth delving into more and more each day.
5. A church service to complain about. Today, I was sort of grouchy about church going way over its normal time, especially since a) I had places to be afterwards, and b) had visitors with me who now think that all Baptist churches overdo it. However, it occurred to me tonight that not everyone has a church service to complain about. The adage about not having the freedom of worship is an oldie, but goodie. I am grateful to be able to make the choice to go to church wherever and whenever I choose. I am thankful that I don't have to limit my beliefs, or go in hiding to worship, or protect myself from the law because of my faith. Even if the service does go -- gasp! -- 30 minutes over. ;-)