Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Free and 1/2

Today, I turn 35. That marks three decades of my life, plus five years.

Since I've rarely felt my age, and since in the past year, I've done quite a few very new things for me, I kind of find it appropriate to count the decades, and to say it the way a child would: free.

This works well for me, since in the past year, along with having several new adventures, I've also explored a new sense of freedom from my past, my present (and what I don't like about it), and my future (to claim my journey).

I've been free to discover my passion, and I'm even getting paid to realize that on a daily basis at work. That's really nice.

It's gradual, but I'm freeing myself from extraneous feelings and people and items that aren't contributing productivity to my life.

I even, by the grace of God, am in the process of freedom from some very deep-rooted ghosts that I've allowed to keep me from spiritual growth.

Finally, on the literal heels of what turned out to be a nasty foot issue, I freed myself from the misnomer that just because I'd been told to fatten up all my life, I didn't need to keep up that performance.

All this freedom is in the works, but it's very liberating.

I really like that 35 marks three and a half decades, just because "free and 1/2" has a fun ring to it.

While freedom comes with a high price (as well it should), it also comes with a great sense of, well, liberty. Joyousness. Exploration. Possibilities. Adventures.

I'm thankful for those, even with the prices I've paid to get to the levels of liberation I'm experiencing.

So, happy birthday to me. And let the good times roll.

I'm free and a half! :-)




"I have come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly." John 10:10


2 comments:

Throw me sumthin', mister!