Thursday, July 17, 2014

100 Happy Days

You may have noticed some of your friends posting pictures on social media with the hashtag #100happydays.

I started this initiative on June 10, just after I'd been pretty occupied with a project and not really able to think about some worries that were front and center. Having seen others' #100happydays posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, I thought this could be a good option to help brighten a tough time.

When I first googled 100 happy days, I thought I'd see comments about why people originally started doing this and what current participants' reasons were. I was slightly surprised to discover an actual website and to see this:



I have to say that on this forty-second day of highlighted awareness of happy life, I concentratedly take time to not only notice things around me that bring me joy, but also make sure I capture images of those things so I can post them. This isn't totally different from how I am on a typical day, but it does give me a purpose and assigns a project to my random flower-and-puppies photos, which can be helpful for Pollyanna types like myself.

Stay tuned. I'll post more about my #100happydays findings closer to the end of my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!