Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Leggings, Haiti + Jimmy Fallon: My Summer (Reading) Vacay

Have you ever heard of anyone comparing wedding planning to a vacation? Me neither. What about moving? Or doubling up on job duties? Yeah, that's what I thought.

While the last several months have certainly had their share of stressful moments, they've also included an unexpected reprieve thanks to the opportunity to pre-read Jen Hatmaker's "For the Love: Fighting For Grace In a World of Impossible Standards."

Officially launching today, this book has provided a much needed reminder of God's grace along with a refreshing, encouraging perspective of the freedom I can experience with new chapters in life.

From hilarious fashion commentary to insightful worldviews, "For The Love" offers gentle yet straightforward reminders of realistic Biblical expectations in an unrealistic, Pinterest-driven world.

All that, plus Jimmy Fallon-like thank-you notes? Yes, please. (You can see how I survived the summer.)

So this book that's made me laugh, (good) cry, think more deeply, use fun phrases and get to know a new tribe of friends is now available to the public. How could I not share the news?!

"For the Love" is available at Barnes and Noble and amazon.com, and you can learn more about it on Jen Hatmaker's website.

Enjoy!



 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!