Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our Town

There's nothing to remind you of how much you like where you live than to have someone visit you there.

I have sincerely enjoyed nearly every second of the past almost year (!) I've lived in the BR -- with the exception of a few pity parties ;-) -- but it hits home more than ever when peeps come to visit me.

This weekend, my sweet friend Rachel came to stay with me and explore the Red Stick, and we had a blast. It was fun to show her the sites and sounds of Baton Rouge, and even more fun to send her off while hearing her praises of my new city.


This may sound obvious, but it definitely makes a place feel more like home to be familiar with it enough to show people around it.


That said, I love our town. And am so glad I'm here right now!






Bethanie
Wow. Has it almost been a year already??? Time flies...Miss you, girlie!
Posted by Bethanie on August 18, 2008 - Monday - 6:08 PM




Skye
Yay! I love that you love my hometown! It is a wonderful place. The sights, sounds, the FOOD, the people, the accents :) Gotta love Baton Rouge, baby! It'll always be home to me.
Posted by Skye on August 18, 2008 - Monday - 6:44 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!