Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A full heart.

It's been so long since I've posted five things I'm thankful for! I've missed it.

Today, the five things filling my heart in a big way are:

1. Family. Especially in the last few months, I'm more aware than ever of the brevity of life and how precious our time together is. I've been blessed with a crazy precious family, and it is humbling to receive their love, and to watch them receive mine.

2. Friends. See #1.

3. Security. You don't realize how important it is to you until you feel unsafe that first time -- in any way. Physically, emotionally, spiritually, professionally. Security can apply to all areas of our lives. And, thank the Lord, it does.

4. Fall weather. I love, love, LOVE fall. And I'm feeling it in the air. And that makes me so happy.

5. The broken road. I was thinking, Charlotte-style, today, "If I'd only stayed in Jackson a couple of years as originally intended, I might never have worked at Nissan, which changed my life professionally and personally. And if I had left earlier than I did, I might not've landed in Baton Rouge, which has been the best personal move of my decade," etc.


That felt good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!