Monday, October 4, 2010

Fragility.

As a general, unspoken rule, I'm not a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. His work is always super sappy, sad, and I end up crying after I watch it. (Call me snobby, but I refuse to spend quality reading time on something that I know will make me cry in the end, but will probably not afford me any introspective, how-can-RJ-be-better moments.)

That said, a few weeks ago, I needed a good cry. So, naturally, I rented a Nicholas Sparks movie, "The Last Song."

The first thing you should know is that it has Miley Cyrus in it. For real.

Secondly, it's full of angst. (Why did I expect anything else?)

Thirdly, it did the trick and made me cry.

Fourth, it was filmed in Savannah, a place I have mad love for.

And finally, I gleaned this quote (and a ridic craving for the beach) from it:
"Love is fragile, and we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through, and do the best we can, and hope this fragile thing survives, against all odds."


- Nicholas Sparks' "The Last Song"
I thought that was really lovely. And pretty freakin' true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!