Now that I've been in the BR for almost two months, I feel a little more qualified to share my top 10 favorite things about the land of the Red Stick:
10. It's only an hour to New Orleans...hour and a half, max, if traffic's bad. Who could ask for anything more?
9. Spices, spices, spices. Mmmmm.
8. The wide variety of restaurants here...I think I could eat out all the time and never hit some of these joints...and they're GOOD.
7. The water. Seriously, I heard it's the second best in the country. (No one knows what the first is...I'm thinking somewhere in Colorado?)
6. There's no lack of fleur de lis-related items in this city, and I do heart the fleur de lis. :-) You can even find them in gas stations here!
5. The heads-up this city gives on street signs. Especially as someone new to the area, it's so nice to see "Highland Rd. Next Signal" before l cause three accidents by slamming on brakes when I have finally reached Highland Avenue.
4. The Cajun/Louisiana way...nice and laid-back, but direct and frank and no-nonsense about everything, especially how to have fun when it's time for it. :-)
3. I know I've already mentioned spices, but Tabasco! It's always been the BEST to me, but C and I recently visited the Tabasco plant at Avery Island (about an hour from here) and it was too much fun!
2. Those tigers. I didn't mean to let it happen, but they truly worked their way into my very heart of hearts. And I love them now. A lot. So GEAUX TIGERS!
And my number one favorite thing about this 225 area code is....
1. The accents. The beautiful, delectable, sounds-so-close-to-the-Back-Bay-of-Biloxi/Bay-St.-Louis accents. Happy sigh. :-) Makes it feel much more like home!
3 Comments - 2 Kudos
Yay, that sounds like so much fun. I am so happy for you! :)
Posted by Just Music on October 17, 2007 - Wednesday 5:11 AM
Woohooo! Welcome to the land I love! Home, sweet home. :)
Posted by Skye on October 18, 2007 - Thursday 3:42 PM
Posted by hibbs is what they call me on October 18, 2007 - Thursday 8:04 PM