Thursday, October 4, 2007

38

My parents have been married for 38 years today, and I think that's just amazing.

I just wrote them a long overdue letter thanking them for their example, and found myself with tears in my eyes as I tried to explain to them that I don't necessarily think anything's wrong with me for not craving married life yet -- I just truly want it to be forever, and I don't want wrong timing to get in the way of that.

There's a lot I complain about (a lot of the time), but I must say, I'm thankful for all those around me who have set such great examples with their lives. From my parents who daily show me that longevity is alive and well, to my sister who is willing to make huge personal sacrifices to make sure her child is raised (and disciplined) well, to cousins who remind me with their sweet personalities that life is about the here and now and what we make of it, to friends who demonstrate graceful acceptance of beginnings and ends and changes (Bethanie, I'm thinking of you specifically here), to a boyfriend who shows me the true meaning of character, loyalty and strong work ethic...I am definitely more blessed than I often let on.

And now I'm crying full force! Ugh. Girldom.


3 Comments - 4 Kudos

WoW! I'm enjoying catching up on your life. I'm glad that things are starting to settle in - and hopefully soon they will begin to feel "familiar" instead of "new." Hang in there! Congrats on the new place and awesome outlook on the new adventure! Oh, and thanks for sharing another "happily ever after" example. A rare thing these days, but I love hearing about them!
Posted by lotts2tel on October 4, 2007 - Thursday 4:54 PM

Aww, that is amazing. I hope to be able to say the same things some day. I am so glad to see life is going so well. :o)
Posted by Just Music on October 4, 2007 - Thursday 5:43 PM

And you have now brought a tear to my eye...kudos to you and to your parents!
Posted by Bethanie on October 4, 2007 - Thursday 7:39 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!