Monday, January 12, 2009

Rockin' out at the Rok Haus.

This weekend, I went with Erica (the Baptist) and new BR friends to Rok Haus in Lafayette, LA, about an hour west of Baton Rouge.

Rok Haus, a warehouse-looking building with an interior lined with rock climbing walls is quite the adventure (and was very challenging for this girly girl)! I've decided to go back after a few months of building upper body strength to see if I've improved any. Ropes and harnesses are all part of the set up, so thankfully, I didn't fall. :-)


On our way back to BR, we stopped in Breaux Bridge and ate at Pat's Fisherman's Wharf, a preciously quaint seafood restaurant. Our waitress was a 60-year employee at Pat's named Mrs. Mae. Her Cajun accent made me want to beg her to read "The Cajun Night Before Christmas" to us, but I refrained. She was adorable.

Thanks to some ominous traffic on I-10 East, we had an adventuresome drive back through a swamp, but shared many laughs, stories, and even a few inside jokes. :-)



Pictured on the left from top to bottom are:

1. a couple of us trying our hands at rock climbing (and getting down from rock climbing);

2. our whole group at Pat's;

3. Erica and myself balaying (supporting) friends who were climbing; and


4. me barely getting up a wall (The Boulder) with no ropes. (Trust me when I say that it's tougher than it sounds or looks!) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!