Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ridonculous.


Ever since two of my mom-friends took their kids to see the recent animated movie "Bolt," they've been using the term "ridonculous" when something goes beyond ridiculous.

I have to say, it's catchy. I find myself wanting to use it, but not being sure if people will know what I'm talking about.


So now you, dear readers, will know what I'm talking about when you hear me say it. Urban dictionary defines "ridonculous" as:

1. Functionally similar to the word "ridiculous," this word is often used in its place for extra emphasis. (Ex: There's a ridonculous amount of cheddar cheese stuck in the printer.)

2. When ridiculous knows no bounds (Ex: "Check out the hunk of blue cheese he's got on that wing." "That's ridonculous!")

3. adj. something that is so extremely ridiculous that one can't comprehend the full ridculousness of it. (Ex: Rufus Wainwright is so cool, everyone who doesn't like him is ridonculous)

Now we all know. It was ridonculous not to clear that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!