Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tornadoes in my Body.


I hate the feeling that I termed years ago as "having tornadoes in my body."

Pop artist Pink best describes it in "Hazard to Myself":

I'm a hazard to myself
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you ignore yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
Wanna be somebody else
So Pink's a little morbid. And quite down on herself.

But for real, who hasn't gotten tired of themselves? Ever? (And go ahead and speak up if you haven't, though it might take you a while to convince me!) ;-)

I, for one, go through phases where I get so tired of myself that I think split personalities would be welcome. Granted, these phases are fewer and farther in between than what would probably guarantee mental institution, so that's good, I guess. But ya know, they come.

And maybe that's what friends are for. Or new life seasons. Or distractions.

At any rate, good riddance to this body's tornadoes. Maybe if you come again another day, I'll be a little better suited up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!