Sunday, April 4, 2010
5 Things I'm Thankful For + Some Thoughts on Easter
So, this Easter, five things I'm grateful for are:
1. A Savior who is risen and who lives.
2. A place to go home to when I need respite, and a family who loves me like crazy -- even though I'm mainly unlovable, and they have seen that side of me many times.
3. Friends -- specifically Jane -- who never stop loving me, caring about my world, and asking how things make me feel.
4. Spring. God bless this warmer, kinder, gentler weather. It's good for the soul.
5. The symbolism of this day, and this time of year, and songs like the one below that serve as reminders that the old is gone and the past is over, and that we can look forward to newness and the future and all the great things in store for us:
Happy Easter, and much love.