Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Being Erica.

I stumbled on "Being Erica" after months of seeing its blurb on Hulu.com and mentally clicking, "not interested."

Boy, was I ever wrong.

For me, "Being Erica" is a fabulous watch. As a non-cabler, I only catch it online, and IMO, it's well worth the time invested. I think it originally plays on Soap Net (so I guess that means that channel really exists).

I would say it's more of a girl-centric show -- I haven't polled anyone about this, including guys -- but since it's about a girl's world, and her life, and her past and present, I'm just guessin.'

One of the most fun parts for me is that Erica is a 30-something redhead who loves to write and edit, but is constantly getting things wrong. (In life, mainly, not in writing and editing.) Another equally fun fact is that one of my best friends' name is Erica, and especially since she's not much like the character, and I'm not a lot like my friend Erica, it cracks me up to think of MY being Erica. :-) (Which I do, you understand. With every star of every show or movie I connect with. But anyway.)

If you're female, and like the idea of a sort of  "Sex and the City" meets post-college "Felicity," maybe, you should give it a shot.

And if you're a guy, check it out it out if you want, and please also let me know what you think. But don't say I didn't warn you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!