Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Worlds Apart



So many Fbk friends commented on statuses (stati?) I have posted with lyrics from Jars of Clay's "Love Song for a Savior," that I thought I'd post my equal-level favorite JoC song: "Worlds Apart."

You can watch/listen here, and lyrics are below:



"Worlds Apart"

I am the only one to blame for this

Somehow it all ends up the same

Soaring on the wings of selfish pride

I flew too high and like Icarus I collide

With a world I try so hard to leave behind

To rid myself of all but love

to give and die



To turn away and not become

Another nail to pierce the skin of one who loves

more deeply than the oceans,

more abundant than the tears

Of a world embracing every heartache



Can I be the one to sacrifice

Or grip the spear and watch the blood and water flow



To love you - take my world apart

To need you - I am on my knees

To love you - take my world apart

To need you - broken on my knees



All said and done I stand alone

Amongst remains of a life I should not own

It takes all I am to believe

In the mercy that covers me



Did you really have to die for me?

All I am for all you are

Because what I need and what I believe are worlds apart





I look beyond the empty cross

forgetting what my life has cost

and wipe away the crimson stains

"dull the nails that still remain"

More and more I need you now,

I owe you more each passing hour

the battle between grace and pride

I gave up not so long ago

So steal my heart and take the pain

and wash the feet and cleanse my pride

take the selfish, take the weak,

and all the things I cannot hide

take the beauty, take my tears

the sin-soaked heart and make it yours

take my world all apart

take it now, take it now

and serve the ones that I despise

speak the words I can't deny

watch the world I used to love

fall to dust and thrown away

I look beyond the empty cross

forgetting what my life has cost

so wipe away the crimson stains

"dull the nails that still remains"

so steal my heart and take the pain

take the selfish, take the weak

and all the things I cannot hide

take the beauty, take my tears

take my world apart, take my world apart

I pray, I pray, I pray

take my world apart
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!