Sunday, January 21, 2007

the absence of...

isn't it ironic how we fail to notice the positives until they're no longer there? happiness, for instance. my friends can be totally cheerful and amiable with people for weeks -- even months -- but the day they show their humanity, boom! someone (or many ones) begin the judging.

I just think it's interesting that our nature is to be human -- rotten, even -- yet we hold ourselves to a standard that is so high and often a huge, suppressing facade just to make others think everything is ok.

don't get me wrong. this is not deep. in fact, it's a slam on myself for the many times I've shown my humanity. I just find it quite intriguing when I think of the opportunities I've had to show it millions of times more, without any positive reinforcement. yet when it comes out once, the handcuffs are slapped on.

so maybe I need to remember that the Kroger cashier has held it together for years, perhaps, when she snaps at me for not having my Kroger card. and that others maybe haven't had a perfect day, either, but they've done really well up until this point.

just a thought.


1 Comments - 2 Kudos
and a good one.
Posted by Jams on January 21, 2007 - Sunday 7:48 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!