Thursday, March 15, 2007

is it ok...

...that I consider a trip to my hairdresser a fix? I love Dyanne more than life itself, and it's not just her art or skill(z) or sense of humor or incredible story of rehabilitation or fun calendar that makes my heart smile.

my hairdresser happens to be real and precious and beautiful right where it matters. she always manages to remind me what life is all about, and that it's worth living right now.

I mean, her uncanny ability to tell me I look like a different Hollywood actress every 6 weeks for the past 6 years certainly hasn't hurt my tendency to be loyal to her, but that's not the only reason I heart Dyanne.

I am so thankful when my heart fills up from what could easily be a routine day in the life of rebekah.


5 Comments - 3 Kudos

I NEED a new hairdresser! One preferrably like the chick in Nashville would be awesome! :-)
Posted by Just Music on March 14, 2007 - Wednesday 8:12 PM

OH i agree! I love my hairdresser and in fact she has become a good friend of mine. Going to see her is like therapy to me. Not only does she work magic with my hair but she works magic with my mental state as well!
Posted by Melissa on March 15, 2007 - Thursday 8:38 AM

YES! One very resounding YES! I might not have know this a bit ago until my stylist packed up and moved! I've been lost ever since - and more than vulnerable re: my hair! I'm glad you're so fond of yours. I may need to ask for her info! I love a day-in-the-life stuff. It is a goal to appreciate the ordinary routine rather than take it for granted! Go girl!
Posted by lotts2tel on March 19, 2007 - Monday 12:51 AM

I have dreamed of being a hairdresser my whole life, and this has helped to motivate me even more to reach for the stars.
Posted by Greg Mo on March 21, 2007 - Wednesday 4:47 PM

Arr-Jay
I am behind you all the way....though I guess I'd have to start alternating visits between you and Dyanne. and I'd have some incredibly short hair with all that hairdresser time, which I'm not sure I'm totally prepared for.
sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!