Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For a rainy day?

When I was little, we had a microwave (or was it a stove?) fire at our house.

Thankfully, it turned out to be (relatively) minor and didn't damage anything outside of the kitchen, but when it happened, my very frightened mother told us to hurry outside. Thinking I needed to grab my most important belongings, I shoved my rain boots on my feet and clomped to the yard.

I haven't had rain boots since I was a kid, and had forgotten what a fun feeling they bring to my whole demeanor until a recent purchase of rain boots...for adults! (At least they say they are. I guess it's arguable, especially for the not-so-young-at-heart.)


When I put them on at home after I bought them, I became so giddy! And when I wore them to Angelle's gumbo feast last night, I was ecstatic.

So with all the happy being bestowed on my heart and face and feet, I can't help but wonder...why limit these fun accessories to a rainy day? Especially when they're clearly a prized possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!