Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WATS

Every Wednesday from April till mid-June, I go to New Orleans for work. Hancock Bank sponsors a concert series in Lafayette Square (it's free, so if you're in the area, come on out!). The concert series is called Wednesday at the Square (lovingly referred to many of us as "WATS") and is put on by the Young Leadership Council in N.O., and is really fantastic.

As Community Relations chick for HB-Louisiana, I'm responsible for managing our part of the event and making sure it goes well. This year, like everyone, we're cutting back and saving money. This means that "managing the event" now includes things like hauling coolers full of leftover drinks back and forth, moving tables, etc. (This might read like a complaint, but please don't get me wrong -- I'm SO thankful to have a job. Just a little sore from it every week!)

Now that the end of the series is in sight, though, I'm finding myself less motivated to get moving and haul the coolers to the car. For instance, right now. ;-) However, I know I'll miss this fun part of my job once it's over. I'm pretty sure I won't miss the fresh bruises I have each Thursday, but seriously? New Orleans once a week? I'm such a whiner!

However, all whining and gratitude aside, I will be holding the 2nd annual Wednesday NOT at the Square the evening of June 24. I'm not sure what will be involved, but I'm pretty sure that these things will NOT be involved:

  1. lifting anything heavier than a plate of food;

  2. sweating like a pig;

  3. dealing with NOPD parking tickets (even though I have a parking pass on my car);

  4. driving 1.5 hours each way to my destination;

  5. making notes on my phone for what I'll need for the next week.

Who wouldn't love a night like that?! If you're in BR that evening, please plan to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!