Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gratitude.


It's been a while since I've posted things I'm thankful for. This isn't because I'm not thankful; it's just pure negligence!

So here we go...today, the top five things I'm grateful for are:

1. Family. I have gotten to see my sweet sister and her family TWICE in two weeks, and have a trip planned to see them AGAIN in less than a month. ::bliss::

2. Work. Even on days when I'm pulling my hair out (and when peeps are surely pulling their hair out over me), bottom line: I have a job, and I'm so thankful for that.

3. Independence. I'm ridiculously grateful that I live in the land of the free, and I'm also thankful that I'm personally independent. I like my life, and my place, and my job, and my friends. I like choosing where I want to live and what I want to do and who I want to spend my time with. I love answering to God only (and publicly, if I choose), and I know none of this would be slightly possible without the brave acts of so many of my forefathers, and so many of my peers today. God bless America!

4. Culture. It's so much fun to visit museums and see new exhibits and to do this all in the town where I live. I heart culture, and I heart Baton Rouge!

5. Variety. I have been blessed with a ridiculously wonderful variety of friends and family members, and it's crazy-entertaining to get to spend time with them and to see and appreciate facets of their personalities that amaze and amuse me. I love my peeps!


In honor of my overflowing cup, I'm including one of my favorite songs ever, by one of my favorite musicians ever. "Gratitude" by Nichole Nordeman has been a personal anthem since the day I first heard it. I hope you enjoy, as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQ8Ry2D8Wg&feature=PlayList&p=67CF255806A8EE91&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!