Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Three Little Words

Last week, boot camp ended.

I have participated in it for the past 8 weeks (give or take -- I'm sort of a slacker), and would probably have seen more drastic results had I a) eaten better, b) exercised between classes, and c) pushed myself harder.

However, I did learn today what I suspicioned: those 8 weeks paid off in stamina.

For the first time, I did not just walk in my Tuesday night running club. (I didn't run, either, but half jogged/half walked, and it really was rewarding!) I am still hoping to be able to at least jog the three miles at some point, but I feel this is a huge step.

If you're in the Baton Rouge area and are curious about boot camp, I strongly encourage you to check it out. It's very reasonably priced and a great way to either increase your current exercise level, or, like me, jump-start yourself into a regular exercise routine.

And those three little words I refer to in the title? Well, I've learned this year that maybe the standard three little words aren't all they're cracked up to be, but these two sets of 'em certainly are:

"Aaaaight, water break." -- Walker

"Good job, guys!" -- Jenn



Rebekah's General Warning: Don't bother looking for me in the picture above, although some of the peeps I met through boot camp are in it. Believe it or not, I was not invited to the photo shoot. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!