Thursday, November 22, 2007

amnesia

So yesterday I visited this church in the BR that I'm not sure I will be visiting again -- it was fine, just not exactly what I'm looking for -- and tonight while I'm kind of blah, something the pastor said just came back to me.

He talked about "spiritual amnesia" and humans' tendency to forget by Friday the closeness they felt to God on Wednesday, to forget in 2006 the miracle they experienced in 2002, etc.

I think tonight, I'm experiencing thankfulness amnesia. We just came out of the holiday season aimed directly at reminding us of all we have to be thankful for, and here I am, blah as can be. What's the deal? IDK, but I should really snap out of it.

"Samantha Who?" may be my new favorite show, but amnesia is definitely not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!