Sunday, June 7, 2009

On the Film Reel

I recently rented "New in Town," a romantic comedy that I thought would be right up my alley for my mood that particular day.

The movie stars Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr., so how could I not like it?! And like it I did, but only like. I definitely didn't love it, or consider it a genre classic (like I do "When Harry Met Sally" or "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days").

I do think that certain movies call for certain moments, and maybe my movie/mood stars just weren't aligning for "New in Town." I mean, it was cute, but not something I'd want to purchase. Or maybe I was feeling more cynical than necessary for something so light and fuzzy?

At any rate, I did walk away with two distinct observations:

1. I do love that Harry Connick, Jr.

2. Renee Zellweger and Ellen Pompeo (Meredith on "Grey's Anatomy") could easily play sisters. At times, the similarities in their physical and personality characteristic are downright uncanny!
Ellen Pompeo, left
Renee Zellweger, right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!