Sunday, September 27, 2009

Y'all two sisters.


My 5-year-old nephew has taken to calling his mom and me "y'all two sisters."


I think he's grasping the concept of siblings, and of course the number thing, and I just love that he's tying "y'all" in with it.


Some of the ways Mr. Man will use this and similar phrases are:


  • Are y'all two sisters about done talkin'? Dad and I are ready to go.


  • Yep, that's what I thought y'all two sisters might say.
    (especially after we say something in unison, which we sort of do a good bit)


  • Leave it to y'all two sisters to come up with that.


  • Your OTHER sister said the same thing!


  • Etc.

It's really too cute, and I've definitely added it to my list of things I wish he'll never self-correct, like "Behbeh" (first "Bekah" term, which is long gone), "lello" (kids' infamously adorable "yellow" pronunciation, also quickly self-corrected), and "zee-ert" (Caleb's very own term for dessert, which thank heavens, he still says).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!