As a native Mississippian who is just fully encountering a new state for the first time, I can assure anyone that I am definitely a proud Mississippian (and coast trash to boot -- yep, that's right Greg and Alicia, I said it)! ;-)
You know you're a proud Mississippian if...
1. You can properly pronounce Kosciusko, Ackerman, Gautier and Belzoni.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
5. Stores don't have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
6. You've seen people wear overalls at funerals.
7. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes. (It's about 5 minutes down the road)
9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
13. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, and bait all in the same store.
15. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch Dressing.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply..
18. You actually get these jokes and are 'fixin' ' to send them to your friends.
19. You have used your heater and air-conditioner in the same day!
Finally: You are 100% Mississippian if you have ever had this conversation:
20. 'You wanna coke?' 'Yeah.' 'What kind?' 'Dr Pepper.'
3 Comments - 2 Kudos
Ha Ha Ha. Thanks, this was great.
Posted by Çhrï§†ïñå on March 3, 2008 - Monday 7:06 AM
I see nothing wrong with a single thing listed here. Is that a bad sign?
Posted by Skye on March 3, 2008 - Monday 6:09 PM
But can you pronounce Chalybeate?Have you been to a funeral in a barn?Do you know someone who planned a wedding around hunting seasons?Now that is the MS I know and love! (and love to joke about)
Posted by Rachel on March 4, 2008 - Tuesday 8:42 PM