Wednesday, March 26, 2008

manna from heaven

Sunday was Easter, which meant the end of Lent, which meant the end of no-bread-for-RJ. That’s right, people, I had bread again! And God bless the stuff.
I do love my bread...and I can’t believe I did without it for FORTY days. And nights. Amazing!

But, the point was made...my sacrifice wasn’t nearly as amazing as my Savior’s. And if the delectable rush of joy I felt when taking that first bite of Le Madeliene’s hot turkey bistro sandwich is even a taste of what God feels when we come humbly to Him and realize all He’s done for us, then wow. I had no idea.

Which was the point, right?



3 Comments - 2 Kudos

That is awesome. Reminds me of a 3 day fast to raise money for hungry children at the BSU back in the day... it was only 3 days, but I thought I was going to die.... I remember the baked potato soup that Jackie Ball made.... it was the most fantastic food I had ever tasted at that point in my life. 40 days and nights is amazing... I wish I had will power like that.
Posted by Çhr阮ïñå on March 27, 2008 - Thursday 4:48 AM

LOL...well, I did eat SOMETHING, just not bread. And I wish I could say I noticed a difference in weight, but alas, I think I just compensated with other non-bread foods. ;-)I remember that fast...I didn't get to participate because I was getting over the flu or something. Go figure.
Posted by Arr-Jay on March 27, 2008 - Thursday 10:24 AM

So very true. I failed at my sacrifice, but I did learn from it... and am still continuing to try. I think I'm just too passionate about my bad habits and not passionate enough about my Savior. In the end, I always return to my Heavenly Father and pick myself up, dust myself off and get back on track. It is a blessing to know that he loves me no matter how dusty I am and is anxious to spend that quality time with me no matter when, where, what or how. God is great!
Posted by Susan on March 27, 2008 - Thursday 6:05 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!