Friday, April 11, 2008

April showers

One of my best friends in the universe is marrying the love of her life next month. So naturally, showers are in order (as are bridesmaids' dresses, bachelorette weekends, and getting myself in shape to wear said bridesmaid's dress).

A few weekends ago, I went to Jane's first wedding shower. It was held at her home church in Gulfport, and it was the sweetest thing. I loved it for many reasons, the primary one being that my sweet Jane was honored and truly showered with many gifts to mark the beginning of her married life to Matt.

Another reason I loved this shower was because it reminded me so much of home. Yes, I am from the MS Gulf Coast myself, but this shower just felt like...home. The sweet ladies who gave it could have taught me Sunday School at any point, the finger sandwiches could have come right out of the WBC kitchen, and the lovely comraderie was like a YouTube video of days gone by in the Christian Life Center. I don't think that anything has reminded me so much of my home church since we stopped going there. So that, obviously, was very heartwarming.

Selfishly, I also loved catching up with old friends I haven't seen in way too long -- namely Amy, who helped me break all Jane's rules about not talking while she was opening gifts. (Oops! For the record, we did try. Hard!)

The most emtional facet of this shower for me was the fact that Jane's mother was so there in spirit. I think everyone knew it...and it was just another reminder that the beautiful wedding and life to come for sweet Jane will be more life experiences that her mother goes through with her, even though she'll go through them from a different angle.

So all of these things combined tell me that good times are definitely ahead. I can't wait to experience the May flowers this April shower will bring...and I'll be one of many pink peonies standing by with a big grin to watch! :-)


8:08 PM - 1 Comments

It sounds like you guys all had a wonderful time. I am so sad that I was unable to make it. I don't even know if I will be able to make it to the wedding, because Kyle will be gone tdy to atlanta all next month, and the girls don't get out of school until the 23rd of May.
Posted by Çhr阮ïñå on April 16, 2008 - Wednesday 5:42 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!