Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday.

I'm a big fan of a day that focuses on no-frills, no gifts, little hassle, and no muss and fuss (other than turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce, of course), and who isn't all about giving some thanks? It's a very easy thing to do, because there's entirely too much to be thankful for, even on the worst of days. It's also a great reminder of the brighter side of life, especially on the worst of days.

When my all-time favorite political cartoonist, Marshall Ramsey, sketched an image about my all-time favorite holiday, I obviously had to post it. (Given the economic environment, it's kind of nice to laugh rather than groan about the news.)

Food and economy aside, though, please know I am thankful for many things, including you, my friends and family. Without your love, support and patience, I'm well aware of how frighteningly different my life would look.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Greg and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cartoon. He tickles me. Hope Turkey was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Thanksgiving was great! I hope we get to see you when we come down after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Throw me sumthin', mister!