Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saintsational Night at the Superdome

Tonight the New Orleans Saints played Monday Night Football in N.O. and I was honored to be offered a ticket from friends! It was a record-setting game for N.O., who slammed the Green Bay Packers 51-29.

Records set and interesting game notes:

1. Deuce McAllister scored on a 3-yard run Monday night for his 54th career touchdown. His third-quarter TD gave the Saints a 38-21 lead against the Green Bay Packers and broke Dalton Hilliard's mark, which he tied a week earlier in Kansas City.

2. Saints QB Drew Brees now has 3,574 passing yards through 11 games. Brees passed for 323 yards and four TDs.

A couple of years ago, I met Deuce at a work event for Nissan in Canton, MS. I am not crazy about the above picture of myself with him (and am pretty sure Bethanie will grumble if she sees it, too), but given tonight's win, I had to post it. :-)

Geaux Saints, and thanks to Shanehan, Paula, Dan, Ty, Stacey, Keith and Toya for including me in on the big night!

1 comment:

  1. it was great to see you and so glad you came. i will ask you to go to all the saints games from now on since they played so well. we'll give you the credit. we miss you up here in jacktown. see you soon -

    ReplyDelete

Throw me sumthin', mister!