Thursday, February 19, 2009

My revolution.

As a rule, I hate new year's resolutions.

Last year, my friend and coworker Angela said that since she never keeps her resolutions anyway, she was going to eat more, drink more, and maybe take up smoking in 2008. (BTW, I checked with her at the end of '08 and she only accomplished two of the three. Slacker.)

It's too much for me to start listing all the things I need to work on -- it just makes me feel so incompetent. And I feel guilty for working on one area and neglecting the rest. (If you know me, the guilt thing makes perfect sense.)

So this year, I have one overall goal: to be better. I'm hoping for 2009 to be a revolution of sorts, where I approach life with an attitude of trying to be better at it, whatever the "it" of the moment might be.

Wish me luck, especially since I often feel like my friend's daughter (who is pictured above) when it comes to facing new goals. :-)



Rebekah's General Warning: I'm well aware that we're almost 3 months into 2009 as I post this. However, I started it in early January, and thought it would be a good reminder for us all to have a check-up on how we're doing with our goals. What can I say? I'm brilliant like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!