Monday, February 2, 2009

Alive @ 5.

Five things I've been grateful for -- and that have shown me fun facets of life -- in the past week are:

1. New people, new activities, new interests, and new reasons to smile.

2. A clean townhouse! Even though it seems like cleaning can be a vicious cycle that has to be repeated as soon as you finish it, it also really renews the spirit and invigorates the senses. (I think there's crack in Lysol, but I guess that's another blog altogether....)
3. New life. I am SOOOO excited about Liz's pregnancy, and can't wait to see what this sweet little baby looks and acts like! It always warms my heart to hear of friends who are becoming parents. :-)
4. The beauty of BR's weather. Even though it's hot and HUMID here in the summer, the winters are nice and mild. I didn't think Jackson, Miss. was that cold...until I went back in the winter after getting acclimated to this balmy climate. Brrrr! Give me the BR's weather any day!
5. The Internet. I know this may seem silly, but remember the day when we didn't have it?
Weird to think about now. It's such a regular part of our lives, and makes access so easy and nearly instant. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE how intentional you are about being grateful. LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete

Throw me sumthin', mister!