Monday, February 9, 2009

There is no Y in "life."

I was recently reminded by a friend's sweet husband that questioning life is really not worth it.

While this is much easier said than done, he's right. Why would I fritter my days and nights away questioning the reasons behind occurrences, when in reality, life will go on, with or without me? I'm the one missing out on potentially valuable life experiences by wasting my time on analysis, and half the time, the analysis is not even based on full information.

Though I do think it's vital to go through the proper steps of grieving and processing when faced with life events, I also think it is possible to have too much of a good thing.

That said, I'm going to try harder to follow SD's advice and stop trying to insert a "why" into situations that are far beyond my control. I may be wrong, but I think life will be a lot more enjoyable this way. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!