Monday, February 16, 2009

My five.


The five things I've had to be thankful for this past week are:

1. My health. Granted, it has stunk to high heavens this week, but it could be much, much worse. And I know this. And am utterly humbled to think of my blessings and how much I really do not deserve them.

2. My place in this world. I would have never said I would land in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 32, but boy am I glad I did. This is one cool town, and I've already made more true-to-heart, lifelong friends to make the experience infinitely invaluable.

3. Facebook. I know, spoken like a true Gen Xer, right? But really, I've had the chance to reconnect with SO many great friends from so many great places. It's wonderful, and amazing, and a delightful point of contact in a world that constantly eliminates our need for contact by "maximizing efficiency."

4. My parents. They're so sweet to care and want to help, and while I know that might be what parents are "supposed to do," many parents don't. So I appreciate mine, and that they do love and care for me in ways that some people don't receive.

5. Music. I'm just not sure what I'd do without Elvis Presley, or Jack Johnson, or Bill Gaither. There are days that nothing can help but a dose of Cyndi Lauper, Regina Spektor or Amy Grant, and who's to stop my quirky playlist? Not a soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me sumthin', mister!